- Zazen (silent sitting meditation)
- Personal Study with a Zen Teacher (including koan practice)
- Buddhist Text and Topic Studies
- Embodiment Practice (Yoga, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Qi Gong)
- Emotional Intelligence Practice (Focusing, Mindfulness, Zen Dialogue)
- Ethics, Vows, Liturgy
- Healing our Relationship with Mother Earth
- Direct Service Actions
At Zen Garland we study and Take the Zen Garland Vows, devote ourselves to Zen meditation, enjoy the support of residential teachers and a dedicated community of practitioners, and commit ourselves to being fully present in a spirit of service in this very moment.
The community offers daily morning and some evening Zen meditation, private instruction with a residential Zen teacher, retreats, classes and workshops. We introduce interested beginners in a gentle way and help them to ease into a regular meditation practice.
Sign up for our newsletter
Our newsletters and updates will keep you informed of local and regional classes, workshops, and retreats as well as online study opportunities, blogs, information, and inspiration to continue nurturing, healing, and caring for yourself and the world.
We will not share your information with anyone else.
See you soon!
Get in Touch with Us
Ask us questions. Share ideas.
Set up a time to meet with us. Tell us your story.