Introduction to Zen Focusing
Zen and Focusing both teach a way of being, The Practice of Presence to what is. Reality! Enlightenment is not something we attain, but something we do that brings us into intimate connection with the flow of life. Focusing brings to Zen a meditative way of awakening to, reintegrating and healing wounded and split-off parts of ourselves that most spiritual practices do not address, but bypass! The practice of Focusing allows us to be aware of and listen to the deepest personal aspects of ourselves where the threads emotion, memory, thought and behavior intertwine. Where those confluences are distorted or stuck in a knot (klesha) requires a special attention and practice that meditation, koan study and discussions with a guru cannot undue and free. Emotional blocks must be dealt with on the path of spiritual and human development.
Series of 7 Classes available online for distance learners, with lecture, discussions, practice with experienced Focusers during the classes and 1 hour partner sessions between classes.
With Roshi Genki & Genmitsu,
Dates Next Cohort: Saturdays:
1. Class: February 23 (10am to 12pm EDT; 9am to 11am CDT; 8am to 10am MST)
2. Class: March 2 (10am to 12pm EDT; 9am to 11am CDT; 8am to 10am MST)
3. Class: March 9 (10am to 12pm EDT; 9am to 11am CDT; 8am to 10am MST)
4. Class: March 16 (10am to 12pm EDT; 9am to 11am CDT; 7am to 9am AZT)
5. Class: March 23 (10am to 12pm EDT; 9am to 11am CDT; 7am to 9am AZT)
6. Class: March 30 (10am to 12am EST; 9am to 11am CST; 7am to 9am AZT)
7. Class: April 6 (10am to 12am EST; 9am to 11am CST; 7am to 9am AZT)
Look up your time zone here: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com