Continuing Traceless Practice Without End
To learn the Buddha Way is to learn one’s self. To learn one’s self is to forget one’s self. To forget one’s self is to be confirmed by all dharmas. To be confirmed by all dharmas is to cast off one’s body and mind and the bodies and minds of others as well. All trace of enlightenment disappears, and this trace-less enlightenment continues on without end― Dogen Zenji.
Spring 2023 Ango Dates: January 14 – April 16, 2023
Time(s): Full Day Zazenkai (extended practice period) held in person at Dharma River in Winona, MN.
Ango Entry- January 14- 6:30pm – 8:30pm Central Time
Full Day Zazenkai Extended Practice Days:
January Zazenkai – January 15- 6:30am – 3:30pm Central Time
February Zazenkai – February 19- 6:30am – 4:00pm Central Time
March Zazenkai – March 26- 6:30am – 4:00pm Central Time
$75 suggested donation – Donation supports light vegetarian meals and all teachings and programming offered in conjunction with Ango.
Please reach out if you need financial assistance or if you would like to set up a payment plan.
Contact Kisho with any email@example.com
To join this extended training period, participants should be prepared to:
• Commit to part-time or full-time attendance of the zazenkais (extended practice period).
• Commit to a multi-dimensional study, using the Zen Garland Order Core Practices (see below), and personalizing an Ango plan designed by you and discussed with a Zen Garland Teacher.
• Commit to a service project for the duration of Ango.
Commitments to Core Practices: The idea in establishing your commitments is to set realistic goals to help strengthen and deepen your personal practice, which allows you the chance to experience how your practice interweaves with your everyday life.
The 8 Zen Garland Order Core Practices
• Various forms of Zen meditation
• An ongoing mentor relationship with a Zen Garland Teacher
• Zen psychological practices
• Study of Buddhist texts, history and philosophy
• Embodiment practices for the development of body-mind consciousness
• Developing an Interactive Relationship with the Natural World
• Liturgy and ceremony
• Commitment to service projects
* You are welcome to attend any of the zazenkais without participating in the other aspects of Ango.
Interested in other Zen Garland Order courses, workshops, and retreats?
We have in-person (when appropriate), online, and on-demand offerings for sangha members and others.