TRADITIONAL NATIVE AMERICAN CODE OF ETHICS
1. Give thanks to the Creator each morning upon rising and each evening before sleeping. Seek the courage and strength to be a better person.
2. Showing respect to all living things is a basic law of life.
3. Respect the wisdom and direction of the people in council, especially elders.
4. Be truthful at all times.
5. Always treat guests and strangers with honor and consideration.
6. Remember that the hurt of one is the hurt of all, the honor of one is the honor of all.
7. All living things are the children of the Creator and must be respected.
8. To serve others, to be of some use to the family, community or nation isone of the main purposes for which people are created. True happiness comes to those who dedicate their lives to the service and well-being of others.
9. Observe moderation and balance in all things.
10. Know those truths that lead to your well-being and those truths that lead to your destruction.
11. Listen and follow the guidance given by your heart. Expect guidance to come in many forms: in prayer, in dreams, in solitude, and in word and action of elders and friends.
These I offer for your consideration in the spirit of friendship and positive commitment.
Teursi the Storyteller