Construction on the new Temple and Zendo begins!
On August 26, 2011 Zen Garland purchased a home for holistic, interfaith Zen Practice. The 4.2 acre site was part of a farm previously, and includes two residences, and a 2, 200 square foot building we will convert to our zendo. We will be limiting ourselves to working within the footprint of the existing structures to preserve the natural vistas of the land and maximize open space.
|Sangha House (Parsonage)||Rectory with outdoor pool|
This peaceful, verdant setting features shrubs and plants, a pond, varied rare trees, many chosen by the current owner, who was a nurseryman. We intend to keep it in as near to its present condition as possible; no trees are to be removed.
We will put in a second driveway to improve safe access and create scatter-site parking shielded by shrubs and trees to blend compatibly with the country-like appearance of the neighborhood.
Our Board of Directors has raised the money to purchase the property and begin construction. We need to raise an additional $250,000. If you would like to contribute to our vision, please make your pledge below.
This is How you can Help Establish Zen Garland’s Suffern Home!
Buy a whole interview room, a shoe rack, a piece of the wooden floor, contribute to the lighting or buy the front door. Please contact us, if you have any questions or if you would like to discuss your donation with us: 973-767-6973 or email@example.com
- You can donate directly on line through PayPal: please click here
- You can donate with a check mailed to our office at 83 Campbell Ave, Airmont, NY 10901
- You can make a sequential donation over time by committing to a pledge and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can speak to friends, family and acquaintances and encourage them to donate to something, that is meaningful to you.
- You could make us an interest-free loan. Please discuss the conditions with us.
- You could offer construction skills and labor.
For more information on the project, please contact us at 845-547-2004 or email@example.com